Flight attendants have a few tricks up their sleeves to avoid getting sick while flying.
They know it’s essential to stay hydrated, so they drink lots of water and juice. They also try to move around as much as possible, even doing some light stretching in their seats. And if they feel a cold coming on, they take vitamin C and zinc supplements to help ward it off.
But there are some things that even the most vigilant flight attendant can’t control. Recirculated air, for one, is a breeding ground for germs. And then there are the close quarters, which make it easy for viruses to spread from person to person.
So what can you do to stay healthy when you travel? Here are a few tips:
1. Drink plenty of fluids, especially water. Alcohol and caffeine can dehydrate you, so it’s important to balance them out with H2O.
2. Get up and move around as much as possible. Walking down the aisle every few hours is an excellent way to stay active and keep your blood flowing.
3. Wash your hands often, and use hand sanitizer when soap and water aren’t available.
4. Avoid touching your face, especially your eyes, nose, and mouth.
5. If you feel sick, try to isolate yourself from other passengers as much as possible. Wear a mask if you have one, and stay in your seat until you can get off the plane.
Following these simple tips can help you stay healthy on your next flight. And if you get sick, don’t worry – with a bit of rest and some TLC, you’ll be back to your old self in no time.