Going above and beyond to ensure the safety of the crew and customers is the new motto of JetBlue Airlines. With the threat of coronavirus looming over the whole world, airlines require precautionary measures to keep everyone safe. In accordance with the guidelines from the CDC and the airlines own infectious disease specialist, JetBlue has put together a set of new safety standards that provides a safe traveling experience for all. With over 20 years of experience of operating in the industry, JetBlue Airlines is committed to the health and safety of its passengers and crew.
Here are some of the ways the airline is dealing with the current changes brought on because of the coronavirus. Take a look at the JetBlue safety measures that provide a healthier and safer experience.
Healthy crew members
- JetBlue conducts temperature checks for crew members to prevent the spread of the virus and make sure that the people who care for travelers while on the ground and up in the air are healthy.
- Additional time off and sick leaves are available for all crew members to provide them relief when they are sick.
- Strict protocols are now in place to ensure no coronavirus case is unnoticed and is handled according to the health privacy regulations.
- For onboard safety of the aircraft and the crew, the company provides cleaning and disinfectant kits for on board use. The kits include disinfectant wipes and a sanitizer spray to reduce the spread of the virus.
- All crew members wear face coverings or masks that cover their mouth and nose, following the guidelines of the CDC.
Clean Air and Surfaces
- With the touchless bag check-in, bag tagging and boarding system, JetBlue safety measures reduce the need for customers to touch surfaces unnecessarily.
- The surfaces most touched by crew members and customers are a hub for viruses and bacteria. Keeping this in mind, JetBlue’s cleaning staff regularly disinfects these common surfaces in the airport terminals and also on board.
- Customers can easily request the crew members and on-ground staff for sanitizers and disinfectant wipes. These sanitization resources are readily available at the kiosks at the airport, too.
- JetBlue takes aircraft cleaning seriously and the cleaning staff deep cleans the entire aircraft after each flight. The team uses hospital-grade disinfectant, Sani-Cide EX3 because it is proven to be effective against coronavirus.
- After each flight, the cleaning staff disinfects the most touched areas on board, including the seat belts, armrests, tray tables and lavatories. These areas are also cleaned and disinfected during overnight flights for a cleaner and healthier experience.
- JetBlue safety measures include electrostatic spraying in the aircraft cabin for enhanced disinfecting.
- JetBlue is the first U.S. airline that used Honeywell’s UV Cabin System to give another layer of protection to the cabin. It treats surfaces in less than 10 minutes to provide protection against viruses and bacteria.
- On larger aircrafts, the crew members block the middle seats for people not traveling together. In smaller aircrafts, the aisle seats are blocked to maintain social distancing during flight.
JetBlue safety measures aim to provide customers with a healthier traveling experience. The airline believes in prioritizing their customers’ safety.